Matric Results 2017
HeronBridge College celebrates the class of 2017
HeronBridge College has once again produced an outstanding set of National Senior Certificate results for 2017, under the aegis of the Independent Education Board.
The school is situated in the northern suburbs about 10 km north of Fourways and serves a community where the vast majority of students take up further study at tertiary level.
Grade 12 class of 2017 results are as follows:
- 100% pass rate;
- 100% access to tertiary studies, all qualifying to study further at either degree or diploma level;
- 91% access to University studies
- In total 11 students had an average of above 80% and 8 students had an average above 75%
- The average for all students across all subjects was 66,3%
Top 1% of all Geography candidates: Michael de Kock
Top 1% of all Afrikaans, English, LO and Life Science candidates: Kayla Ritchie
Receiving an IEB Outstanding & Commendable Achievement (the IEB's highest academic achievement) - achieved within the top 5% of all learners in 6 or more subjects - placing her in teh top 50 of all students countrywide - Kayla Ritchie
Although the pupils have achieved this through hard work they would not have done it without the outstanding teaching staff that taught and supported them throughout the year.
Special congratulations to the top HeronBridge achievers, with 80% and above:
80% and above continued:
8. Meghann Thistleton - 5 distinctions at an averange of 82.7% (Dance, Geography, LO, Maths & Art)
9. Miren Bitcham - 4 distinctions at an averance of 80.6% (Afrikaans, Life Science, Maths & Science)
10. Dylan Durant - 4 distinctions at an average of 80.6% (Accounting, LO, Maths, AP Mat)
11. Chiara le Roux - 4 distinctions at an average of 80.4% (Afrikaans, Drama, History & LO)
Above 75% and a minimum of 3 distinctions:
Mudiwa Runyowa (3 distinctions)
Paul Scrutton (3 distinctions)
Daniella Walker (3 distinctions)
Isabella Jankowitz (4 distinctions)
Congratulations to the class of 2017 ... Go out and conquer the world with HEART!